IntroductionWe understand you may have questions about how we collect and use the information that you provide to us and the privacy of your Personal Information. To be clear, by Personal Information, we mean data that could be used to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any other information that can be linked or is linkable to you.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Attn: Privacy Department
4501 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 500
Arlington, VA 22203
Information We Collect on this Website and How We Use ItWe collect only basic Personal Information about you such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information you choose to provide so that we may process your requests such as contacting you about hotel development opportunities. In addition, if you choose to sign-up to receive e-mail updates we will use your e-mail address to send you the requested information. All required and optional information is clearly denoted on any form presented to you.
"Do Not Track" Requests/SignalsThis website does not support, nor respond to, "do not track" or similar technical requests.
Sharing Your Personal InformationWe do not sell or otherwise make your Personal Information available to any third parties for their own use. We do use third parties to perform services such as (i) hosting this website and the Careers website and systems, (ii) storing Personal Information you expressly provide to us, (iii) storing and processing information about the use of this website, and (iv) sending you emails with your permission. These service providers are contractually prohibited from using any Personal Information for their own use. They were engaged to provide specific services and the use of any Personal Information they have access to will be dictated by us.
- To third parties that you authorize to receive such information.
- In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets.
- compelled by law or court order to act differently;
- required or elect to notify you of a security breach; or
- directed by a government entity to provide Personal Information to support an investigation and we believe in good faith that providing the information is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activities to or by our customers, website visitors or property.
Securing Your Personal InformationWe understand that the security of your Personal Information is important. We use a variety of industry-standard administrative, technical and physical controls designed to protect your information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Accessing Your Personal InformationYou are in control of the Personal Information that you provide to us. If you would like to access any Personal Information we maintain about you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children's PrivacyThis website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children. Anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited from using this website.
- what information we collect
- how we collect it
- how we use it
- the security measures we take concerning your Personal Information
- whether it is shared and with whom
- your rights concerning your Personal Information
What Personal Information does Interstate collect and why?We may collect your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information you choose to provide so that we may process your requests such as contacting you about hotel development opportunities. All required and optional information is clearly denoted on any form that you are presented. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
With whom does Interstate share my Personal Information with?We do not sell or otherwise make your Personal Information available to any third parties for their own use. We do use third parties to perform services such as (i) hosting this website and the Careers website and systems, (ii) storing Personal Information you expressly provide to us, (iii) storing and processing information about the use of this website, and (iv) sending you emails with your permission. These service providers are contractually prohibited from using any Personal Information for their own use. They were engaged to provide specific services and the use of any Personal Information they have access to will be dictated by us.
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us, or who otherwise process Personal Information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your Personal Information;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your Personal Information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing Personal InformationOur legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
How does Interstate keep my Personal Information secure?We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal Information.
Data retentionWe retain Personal Information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
Children's PrivacyThis website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children. Any resident of the EEA or UK who is under the age of 16 is prohibited from using this website.
Your data protection rightsYou have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "How to contact us" heading below.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "How to contact us" heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the "How to contact us" heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
Updates to this Privacy NoticeWe may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
How to contact usIf you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information, please contact us using the following details: email@example.com
Our Core Beliefs Regarding User Privacy And Data Protection
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
Relevant LegislationAlong with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
Personal Information That This Website Collects And Why We Collect ItThis website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
BlogShould you choose to add a comment to any posts that we have published on blog sites, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this website's database, along with your computer's IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective blog post and is not passed on to any of the third party data processors detailed below. Only your name and email address that you supplied will be shown on the public-facing website. Your comments and it's associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either
- remove the comment or
- remove the blog post. Should you wish to have the comment and it's associated personal data deleted, please email us here using the email address that you commented with.